Design guru. Strategic partner. Concept enthusiast. Nuanced thinker. If that’s who you are, then being a Product Designer for the Web Team is what you were born to do. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about every single detail in their designs and will settle for no less than being a master of their craft.
We’re hiring artisans that can add their skills and know-how to our team. We want someone not only excited to learn but also excited to teach. Our team works together, learns together and grows together in a fast-paced, detail-driven and rapidly-iterating environment. We live and breathe creativity, and crave quality. If this excites you, then you’re on the right track.
You’ll need to be user-centric, research-driven and supremely skilled at taking insights and turning them into beautifully designed products, experiences, and interactions. Conceptualizing and prototyping need to be your lifeblood and we expect you to drown us in your crazy ideas and inspirations. We need you to innovate, to obsess, to be fearless and to always put the user first.
We need you to:
- Design projects covering the complete product lifecycle through multiple product launches.
- Plan and execute simple, elegant and effective flows and experiences.
- Work your design magic with a close-knit multidisciplinary team to deliver the best user experience possible.
- You will brainstorm solutions for design challenges with our brightest minds in product, engineering, and business.
- Be willing to let the buck stop with you. You take pride, ownership and of course, absolute responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Prototype with the best of them. You recognize when to deliver a pixel-perfect prototype and when to whip up a bare-bones sketch.
- Thrive working with an agile development process.
- Move mountains. Not literally but it will feel like it sometimes.
You need to be:
- An incredible designer with a portfolio full of best-in-class work. To us, experience is about how well you’ve done it and not how long you’ve done it.
- Able to think mobile as soon as you’re briefed and you can back that up with a list of mobile products that you’ve shipped.
- A cross-platform expert who understands exactly what works (or doesn’t) on desktop, mobile, iOS and Android. You know one size doesn’t fit all.
- Equally adept with both big-picture work and the detailed nitty-gritty.
- Comfortable with an iterative design process. You welcome feedback and make it a point to test hypotheses at every stage.
- Excellent at demonstrating that design is about how it works, not just about how it looks and feels.
- Dedicated to creating refined and compelling designs, over and over again. Your mind is constantly at work, finding better ways to execute flows and improve user experience.
This is US!
- We're a young, smart and passionate Web Team of 450+ within a massive 55,000+ leading retail and hospitality conglomerate
- We're headquartered in Dubai, UAE.
- Our Group's 44 years old and we're nearly 9.
- We're dead serious about the Customer Experience.
- We've become a lot better at Product -- Product Strategy, Product Design, Product Management,
Product Engineering and Product Marketing -- and still working at it.
- We have an awesome open-plan office with plenty of natural light and a wonderful Nespresso machine for great coffee.
- We're 99% Mac and 1% Windows (it's all about balance).
- We have a PS4 and pool table, with competitive players to match.
- We're a fun bunch and love things like team drinks, lunches, dinners and quality downtime.
About our Group
- The Landmark Group, founded in 1973, has a diverse portfolio of retail and hospitality brands. It has successfully grown into one of the largest and most successful retail conglomerates in the MENA region with an entrepreneurial culture focused on delivering exceptional value. The Group employs over 55,000 people and operates over 2,400 outlets covering 30 million square feet across 20 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, and India region.
- The Group offers an attractive, tax-free compensation salary, annual incentive, benefits including family medical and annual family return tickets, and an opportunity to grow your leadership career with a strategic team within one of the most successful and fastest growing retailers in the region.
Please note that we will need a link to your online portfolio, or PDF if necessary, to better understand your work. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.